Episode 15: Laura Zeck of ZINC contemporary and ZINC Art + Object
I'm back and more excited than ever! I've got a lot of good stuff lined up over the next few weeks and I can't wait to share everything. I'm also going to start sending out an email announcing each new episode and including any fun stuff I came across during that week. The actual email layout is a work in progress so it might look different after my graphic designer gets her hands on it (hah!) Sign up for it on this very site.
Today I'm speaking with Laura Zeck of ZINC Art + Object and ZINC contemporary both in the Seattle area. Laura and I talk about everything from her start in design (renovating a crack house) to getting clear on her core values for her businesses. She's funny, whip smart and just a total pleasure to talk to (Laura, you rock). Enjoy the show!
We talk all about:
- Trusting the process of your career.
- Getting real about realistic cash flow.
- Deciding what kind of art will resonate with your clients.
- Tips for being on the same page with your staff.
- Knowing when it's time to open a second space and managing the differences between the two.
- How getting clear on your core values enables you to make the best decisions for your business.
- Building the 'Fempire' by supporting other women in both the corporate and small business world.
- Entrepreneurs Organization
- Julia Pimsleur's "Million Dollar Woman"
- The Fempire patch (and a slew of other amazing thing)
119 Prefontaine Place South
Seattle WA 98104
ZINC Art + Object
102 3rd Ave South Suite B
Edmonds WA 98020
I'm so freakin' fortunate to be hosting this show, because I learn so much from every single one of my guests. I always get off these calls and run into my kitchen grinning and just so fired up about business ownership. Don't forget to rate, review and subscribe on iTunes. Thanks to all of my guests for being a part of it and thank YOU again for listening.