Episode 16: Kinsey Rosene of Crose Nest
Today I'm speaking with Kinsey Rosene owner of Crose Nest in Lowell, Massachusetts. Kinsey describes her shop as a botanical pharmacopoeia; essentially, she's created a DIY herbal pharmacy where people can come and blend their own teas or body products. The point is to give people the tools and the instruction, and then to let them create what's best for their body and their needs. I've got so much admiration for the way that Kinsey has structured her brick and mortar as an interactive space that helps people take an active roll in the remedies that help heal their bodies. Follow Kinsey's work here and here. Enjoy the show!
We talk about:
- Taking risks even when you've got no idea what you're doing.
- What herbs can work for busy (stressed out, anxious, Type A) business owners.
- Sharing your political views as a business owner.
- Using your business to create a community and build a friend group of like minded people.
- Using the moon cycles to reflect, renew and grow your business.
- Why you need to think you're kinda cool to be a successful business owner.
- Tips for finding your "plant allies" to help run your business and your life!
- Mill #5 in Lowell, MA
- Brittany Wood Nickerson
- Maribeth Keane
- New Moon and Full Moon Events at Crose Nest
- The Herbal Academy
- Common Wealth Center for Holistic Herbalism
Things I found and loved this week: