Episode 44: Janine Stafford of Spring Tide and SPACE
Today's guest is Janine Stafford owner of SPACE, a community connection project and Spring Tide, an intuitive business coaching business. Her resume is vast; she's been a stylist, a COO, and a salesperson. She's worked high-end retail in a boutique setting as well as for big retailers like Neiman Marcus and Kit and Ace. Janine takes us through the process of starting her retail career, which is startlingly similar to my own story (so you'll hear that too!) and what led her to where she is now.
We delve into the art of retail, of being "really good" at selling and why retail is only trivial if you make it trivial. Janine talks to me about the importance of creating a space where customers can come and feel seen and heard and we address the emotional labor that can sometimes come with creating such a space. We also get real about feminine vs. masculine energy in business and why we need to learn to check in with ourselves as a way to meet our basic emotional and mental needs. Janine shares tips and tactics to help us step back and reconnect with the higher purpose of why we started our spaces in the first place.
This is a value packed episode. It's essential if you're experiencing burnout, a lull in sales or if you're looking to level up. It's helpful for those of us deep in the game and those of us that are just starting out. I hope you find an enormous amount of value in it...I know I did. Enjoy the show.
- Why it's important to make the best and the most out of every work experience you have.
- Starting a retail job and deciding to make it a real career.
- What it takes to be good at sales.
- The responsibility on the part of business owners to identify and then mentor the next generation of shopowners.
- Emotional labor and establishing clear and kind boundaries.
- Getting clear on why your store isn't doing well.
- Why you need to think about the words and feelings that people take from your space.
- Acknowledging "the pause" in reassessing our goals and visions especially as long-term business owners.
- The symptoms of burnout and addressing our energetic blocks.
- Tangible tips to refresh yourself in relationship to your business.
- How taking care of yourself first is how you best serve your customers.
- Getting clear on how people walking into your space are going to feel.
- Exploring the idea that space can( or can't) be "something for everyone."
Thank you again for your support of the show. Glad so many of you are finding value in this! If you'd like to join us for our Full Moon Tarot and meditation event on Tuesday, May 29th shoot me an email at email@example.com. I'd love to see you there. Thanks again!